Translate

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Making the Rocketeer Helmet - update

Quick update on the Rocketeer helmet. That I started making here. I have found that there are a lot of people who have either never seen the movie, or don't remember the movie.  So here is the movie poster.

Remember it now?  If not you should rent it and watch it.




Anyway the helmet should look like this.



This is what I have so far.




This is several coats of bondo and or fiberglass resin, and lots and lots of sanding.  I spray painted it grey to see where I needed work.  I might need a few more coats of bondo.


Next coat of bondo and sanding





Because I am a bit over excited to see what it looks like finished I spray painted it antique gold.






Then found a bunch of places that needed to be repaired. So more bondo and more sanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment