Update on the Rocketeer helmet project. I have been really busy and it has been hard to work on some of my "fun" projects. That being said, I did carve out a little bit of time to work on my Rocketeer helmet. When we last left off it needed some lenses.
I have never put lenses in anything before, so I had a little trial and error process.
I first ordered some sample lens sheets from http://tapplastics.com. They come in 4 inch by 4 inch squares. I peeled the protective paper off of each side, then holding it with needle nose pliers I used my heat gun to slightly melt it.
I melted the plastic outside of the helmet until it would flop over all by itself. Then I put it inside the helmet and used a rag and pushed on the lens to slightly bubble it out.
Then I had to take a picture outside.
I peeled the left side of the tape off of the lens and folded it over. I put some 5 minute epoxy in a large area around the eye, and folded the lens back over. I held it in place until the epoxy held then I did the other eye.
It is available for sale on Ebay
Rocketeer Helmet Fan Made Custom Prop